It was suggested that we feature a top three favourite products but as soon as Beth and I talked about it there was absolutely no way in hell we could narrow it down to three. I said five or ten, and we went with ten as it seemed a lot easier. However, when I was looking through my makeup drawers, I could have easily picked out at least twenty holy grail products. Narrowing it down to ten was difficult, especially when you have a shit-load of makeup and are indecisive af.
My Top Ten
1. Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder - Pink Glow | £34 | Bobbi Brown |
I knew I had to include a highlighter in my top ten as I'm all about that glow. It was pretty difficult to pick which one I loved the most but the Bobbi Brown Pink Glow is everything. I love the marble effect, it's almost like three colours in one; a pink, pearl and mix of both. This leaves a gorgeous sheen to the skin and lasts for hours.
2. Nars Velvet Lip Liner | £18 | Nars |
Every time I wear lipstick, I wear a lip liner, and I always reach for a Nars one. They're so creamy, so pigmented and don't budge. They're on the pricier side but they're so worth it.
3. Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick - Bare With Me | $18 | Dose of Colors |
If you didn't know that a Dose of Colors liquid lipstick would be a holy grail of mine, do you even know me? These are the best formula, ever. They're so pigmented, opaque with one swipe, comfortable, matte, non-transferring - everything you want in a liquid lip. And Bare With Me is my perfect nude.
4. Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder - Medium | £35 | Beauty Bay |
I won this last year and it's easily my favourite contour powder. It's so easy to work with and doesn't make your cheeks look muddy - as someone who is paler than Casper, I can attest to the awesomeness.
5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara | £19 | Debenhams |
I can't get enough of this mascara. I'll be honest, I don't tend to buy a lot of high-end mascaras because I've found amazing ones on the high street but this has converted me. It's so lengthening and volumising; it actually makes my shitty curly lashes look like eyelashes. Definitely worth the extra coin.
6. Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette | £39.50 | Urban Decay |
I had to pick an eyeshadow palette and it had to be an Urban Decay one because they're my all-time go-to. And out of all the Naked palettes, I gravitate a lot more to 3. I love the pink, dusty shades in this palette. The pigmentation and longevity is incredible; and if you don't have a UD palette - you need to change that.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer | £21 | Anastasia Beverly Hills |
If you want something quick and easy for your brows this will be your jam. I'm quite lucky with my eyebrows, they have a nice shape, aren't over-plucked or patchy, and I like them without product. But whenever I do my makeup, my brows need a little bit of attention so they frame my face. The Brow Definer is great for adding some extra colour, and the shape is perfect for covering a larger area as well as making short hair-like strokes.
8. Clinique Cheek Pop - Heather Pop | £17 | Clinique |
I can't stop wearing this blusher! It's a great colour and gives a beautiful satin finish to the cheeks. I have quite a few colours but Heather goes with every look. It's buildable and easy to blend, and more people need these Cheek Pops in their lives.
9. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - Fair Neutral | £19 | Urban Decay |
This is my third tube of this concealer so I think you can gather how much I love it. Considering I rarely hit pan or use up a complete product, being on my third says something. I love the colour, the coverage, the staying power. Love. It.
10. Nouveau Lashes Strip Lashes Natural/1 | £4.95 | Nouveau Lashes |
These lashes are my babes; they completely change up a look and yet aren't too dramatic that they can't be worn on an everyday basis. And trust me, if I did my makeup every day and actually did things, I'd add these to take my look to the next level. They're really comfortable to wear and so easy to apply.
If you're wondering where the foundation is, I didn't include it in my favourites because I change it up so often and have a different love every month. Massive shout out to Nars Sheer Glow, though.
Beth's Top Ten
Go right away to Beth's post and check out what she's had to say about her top ten holy grail products.
1. Nouveau Lashes Volume/2: I absolutely adore this style too, they're so wispy and beautiful.
2. Lancome Teint Idole Foundation: I've never tried this before but it sounds hella fancy and I think I need it in my life.
3. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: After seeing Beth's review of this a few months ago, I added this to my wish list, I need to get it soon.
4. Stila One Step Correct Primer: I absolutely love this primer too, it's such a good colour corrector. It completely hides my redness and I wear it almost all the time.
5. Illamasqua Precision Ink Liner: Beth is the queen of eyeliner, like I literally bow down at her skills so if she recommends an eyeliner, you (and I) need it in our lives.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Translucent Powder: This is another thing I need to add to the list, RHW products look so luxe and pretty.
7. Sleek Solstice Highlighter: I think I'm the only beauty blogger that hasn't got this highlight, I know, I know, I'll change it immediately.
8. Dose of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick - Kiss of Fire: YES. This colour is everything. It's so bright and absolutely frickin' stunning.
9. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Baci: Stila is up there with my favourite liquid lipsticks and Baci is such a beautiful colour. That reminds me, I need to buy a full-size.
10. Lancome La Vie Est Belle Perfume: I wanted to add this to my top ten too but I didn't and now regret it. It's such an incredible fragrance and the scent lingers forever. Beth and I talk about it way too often as we're slightly (okay, very much so) obsessed with it.
I told you we were twins, didn't I?
What are your holy grail products?