HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Before I dive into this post, I just want to let you know that I'm not going to be all about that 'new year, new me' bullshit, I mean, why mess with perfection? Nah, but seriously, there is a few things I'd like to work on in 2017 and there's some exciting things ahead but we'll get to them at a later date. The aim of today's post (bloody hell, did that sound like I was starting an essay?) is to do a round-up of all the awesome/memorable/exciting things that happened last year; so let's do that.
- I CHANGED MY NAME! Miss Sarah Alexander at your service.
- I raised £5k in 26 days for an electric wheelchair - you can read about it here and see pics of my new wheels here.
- I was interviewed for ITV News Anglia after being featured in a local newspaper about fundraising for my powerchair.
- My bf and I moved into a bungalow. We'd lived with family for two years and finally got our own place.
- I was featured in Scope's 30 Under 30 campaign, and my story received the most views from the whole year.
- I worked with some amazing brands, including OUAI, Lee Stafford, Spectrum, Dermalogica, Buckley London, Noozie, Lethbridge Cards, Penny Rose Home Gifts, Abbie Imagine, Zazzle, Milkshake Hair, Nouveau Lashes, Kiss Air Candles and more.
- For Enhance the UK, I travelled to Birmingham for a photo-shoot, and to Colchester to film a disability awareness training video.
- I started CBT and am really learning a lot about myself, as well as getting a handle on my anxiety and depression.
- I went to my first blogger event.
- Pretty sure I'm getting a grasp on this pacing thing.
- My addiction to planning got real - you'll find me surrounded by stickers and browsing Etsy.
- I fell in love with photography; I really like doors. Yes, I understand how odd that sounds but I have a thing for doors, and I think I'm close to mastering the flatlay. Go see my Instagram for more.
- I realised that I was giving too much weight to the opinion of people I don't like and/or give a shit about. Bye, girl.
- I got a few more conditions diagnosed - not something I'm happy about but I didn't choose the chronic life, it chose me.
- 5k followers on Twitter, thank you, thank you.
- I made a life-changing discovery; NUTELLA!
- It was the anniversary of my EDS diagnosis. Ten years.
- I realised just how important my voice is within the disabled community. Shouting stuff from the rooftops...as long as the rooftops are accessible.
- I'm part of the School Role Model Programme with Scope.
- I was featured in Huffington Post's '5 Disabled Beauty Bloggers to Follow'.
I know I've probably forgotten a few things as my memory isn't the best but I think that's a pretty impressive list of accomplishments for one year. Hopefully 2017 will be just as good, if not better.
What was your proudest achievement of 2016?