- Binman - I was very young and wanted to drive around collecting rubbish - I have a strange feeling this was linked to my Mum who has always been a clean freak. I was also very specific that I wanted to be a binMAN, I'm not too sure why, but I grew out of this fairly quickly.
- Vet - Well, I loved animals and wanted to work with them every single day, what could be better? I remember my dreams being shattered when I mentioned it in primary school and a horrible child told me I'd have to 'kill sick animals', so that was that job no more.
- Pirate - My little self wasn't aware that pirate wasn't a job, but I knew I wanted to be on a boat all the time and it seemed like the best option. I also quite liked the idea of having a parrot sitting on my shoulder.
- Teacher - I went through a phase of wanting to be a high school teacher, then a primary teacher, and when I left school I studied childcare. The teacher thing never really left, and if my health wasn't so unpredictable I think it's what I'd be doing. I went to university and got my Masters, hoping to do a PhD, and then to lecture - but chronic pain is a bitch.
- Lawyer - I'm pretty sure I just wanted to say 'objection.'
- Forensic scientist - CSI is to blame for this, I was obsessed and thought it'd be really interesting.
- Working in a prison - I didn't care what my role was, I just really wanted to work in a prison. At one point, I wanted to teach prisoners - I guess my fascination with crime was emerging.
- Writer - Throughout my life, I've always gone back to wanting to be a writer. I want to write a book. I want to produce an anthology of poetry. I want to be a journalist. Writing is what I think I do best and if I could make a career of it, it'd be amazing. Book in progress FYI.
- Actor - This is another career I've wanted at random stages of my life, and I hope to still make it a reality. I love to act, and we need more disabled people on telly, so who knows!?
What did you want to be as a child?