Everyone will manage their self care differently, and that's okay because after all, none of us are the same but as long as it's beneficial to you, then you're doing it right.
- Getting lost in a book - I always find reading helpful because it's a solitary hobby that transports me away from anything that may be bothering me
- Writing - whether it be fiction, poetry or blogging, focussing on words, forming sentences and being creative has always been my way escaping
- Lists - making to-do lists helps me concentrate and figure out what is really important
- Hugs - very simple, a hug can completely change my mood
- Laughter - my best friend is always at the end of the phone
- Relaxation - I particularly find progressive muscle relaxation works for me as I tense my muscles and then let the tension go, releasing the stress with it
- Pictures and videos - my phone is full of cute pics and videos of my nephew and I spend at least five minutes a week going through them
- Listen to music - and sing my head off; have a concert on my own
- Take photographs - I just love taking pictures
What do you to practice self care?