- This is going to help me manage my agonising pain better
- I'm going to learn relaxation techniques - which this little ball of fury definitely needs
- I'll think about things differently
- My communication skills will improve - I'll hopefully be able to explain my pain better to my boyfriend and not bite his head off when I really don't mean to
- I'll get stronger with physiotherapy, meaning less pain in the long-run
- I will learn to pace myself and listen to my body
- I'll meet new people
There's probably many more skills I'll learn/gain from my time at Stanmore and I need to focus on the good rather than the bad.
This is going to change my life. Wish me luck.